Saturday, December 13, 2008

In the beginning...

The Devil made me do it...
For a long time now, people have been asking what my blog link was. Though I consider myself fairly up on modern technology I also am a very old-fashioned type of guy, making the concept of blogging seem questionable at best. Why would you just keep posting random thoughts and images online like a diary? Not only is it too personal, but who the hell would really care to read such drivel? I do that already for the most part on my flickr profiles, and even so I often am concerned whether people care about what I actually write versus just wanting to see some sexy, scantily clad young women.

I know many people who are really into the whole blogging world, or "blogosphere" as I've been corrected numerously about. Most of the time I am proven correct by seeing blogs that are trivial, sad, self-indulgent, and just plain silly. Then there are well thought out, insightful and creative pages that truly enlighten, inspire, and educate. Seriously, I have no idea which of those groups my little bloggy is going to fall into. Let's just hope it isn't too horribly odious.

2 comments:

  1. When I started mine too, I thought that no one would be interested in reading my thoughts. Turns out I was wrong, but they do enjoy seeing a scantily-clad woman as well. ;)

    Nice to read your thoughts too.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have truly enjoyed catching up on your wonderful blog, and have shared it with many of my friends. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete